The Role Playing Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Role Playing Academy

A friendly place to roleplay

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

=RP= Terres Rebirth

Go down 
+6
Icelord Xillian
AcTerraxon
TJByrum
Mech Boy Of Doom
Comrade Disintergator
PhillipWilde
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

=RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Like the bio, Xillian. You're accepted. The land of Terres continues to expand!

Alright, Edge said he'll make a bio in a few days, so we are waiting on Comrade. I'll see what kind of intro I can scrounge up, and I've ultimately decided that if I am to make a bio for this RP, I'll have to be several characters, for various reasons.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:11 am

Nice Drow, however I have some questions of my own.

Does he have any weapons? Or did I skip over them while reading the bio? Is Arachuna his weapon?

---

For you Phillip,

Are mounts fine by everyone? Like, can we have mounts? I guess you'd say I am jealous... but I ain't. Just wondering. I was thinking of some type of dragon, or horse that the Nazgul rode.
Back to top Go down
Icelord Xillian

Icelord Xillian

Location : Intergalactic Hitchhiker currently hidden in Sector 3

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:41 am

He has silver wrist blades, hinted in the appearance section.

If you end up with a demon horse, I'm going to splash water on you.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:33 am

Mounts are fine, though you didn't stick one in your bio. You can either add one in, or work one in in the IC. It doesn't have to be anything too complicated. Unless you get some kind of sea creature, though, you'll still need boats.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks Phillip. I will edit it soon.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Disintergator

Comrade Disintergator

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I think it's about time to go back to my roots, and make a bat shit crazy character, then proceed to maim the shit out of them. I'm feeling a little sadistic this mother's day! 🐷 <-PIGGY!

I'll edit this post with a character and it will be done by tonightish (assuming I am not completely bombed).
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm going to go ahead and put up some of my bios, put more meat into my intro post.

Personal
Name: Tod Hallfier
Titles: Aniz Party Candidate and Earthen Demagogue
Personality: Tod is a cold, ruthless man. He hasn't many friends, but he doesn't care. He's determined and works steadfast in his goals, tearing apart anything and everything in his way.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Human
Religion: Though he mentions the gods in most of his speeches, Tod is an awful Heretic.
Voice: Think of Huey P. Long without the Southern accent
---
Appearance
Hair Color: Bleach Blonde
Hair Type: Groomed and neat, short
Skin Tone: Creamy pale colour
Eye Color: Shock Blue
Body Build: Tod is thin with broad shoulders
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Armor/Clothing: He wears expensive suits. Think of a common suit today that you'd see on a politician or business man.
---
Life
History: Tod was born in a small country west of Grantrainnos called Earth. Earth was almost anarchic, indecisive of how they wanted the nation to run. They had a monarch, but decided that it wasn't what they wanted. A small group of nobleman overthrew the royal family and Earth became an aristocracy. After a few poor decisions, the people of Earth no longer wanted to follow the oligarchy that had ruled them. The noblemen stepped down, fearing the people would overthrow them as they did the king. One of them had proposed democracy, and that is what Earth has been using since then. However, not everyone agrees with the idea, and political parties are formed just to have candidates elected to overthrow the system. Earth is a corrupt place.

Tod's father, Harold Hallfier, was a politcian belonging to the Aniz party. The Aniz believe that the only pure race is humans, and that others must be eradicated. Their agenda consist of having a candidate be eleceted and to maintain power as a dictator, and send Earth's military to the foreign regions to wipe the 'unclean' races from the world of Terres. Once the other races are gone, the Aniz intend to conquer the land and eventually take all of Hommos. Basically, world domination.

Tod grew up to be more twisted than his father. Once Harold was assassinated, Tod took his place. Tod turned out to be a charismatic speaker and became an influential demagogue, having huge rallies at his speeches. It is likely that he will be voted as the next official leader of the small western country.
---
Additional info: -Tod's family was wealthy and he reads alot of books. Old tomes, legends, history books, just about anything that has been written, Tod has read.

Personal
Name: Poison Venomskull
Titles: Tribe King and Bloodsucker
Age: Ages and ages, I don't even want to begin to try and do the math
Personality: Poison is introverted and cold. Though he is relatively kind, he usually keeps to himself and doesn't talk to people much.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Umpri
Religion: Poison has had direct contact with the gods, but does not worship any of them.
Voice: Deep, low, and gravely.
---
Appearance
Hair Color: Dark, dirty brown
Hair Type: Wild and unkempt, down to his shoulderblades
Skin Tone: Discolored shades of blue, black, and green spot his skin, which is mostly purple
Eye Color: Bloodshot with dark red irises
Body Build: So large and muscular that it borders on grotesque
Height: 6'11"
Weight: 359 lbs.
Armor/Clothing: One of his subjects forged him custom armor that would fit for his chest, shoulders, and legs. Other than that, all he wears is a loin cloth.
---
Life
History: Posion has been around since before the rebirth of Terres. Before the Twisted Crusades of Nocnoz the Fallen, Poison lived in a tribe of monsters known as Umpri. Umpri were dead spirits risen from the Underworld to posess corpses in the corporal plane. They fed on the blood of the living to stay alive, usually exsanguinating prey. Any mortal wounded but not killed by a Umpri attack would become a Umpri-Human hybrid, known as a vampire. Still technically living, but still feeding on blood. Umpri were very hard to kill. In order to send the spirit back to the underworld, one would have to render the body unusable either by hacking it to bits, smashing it to a pulp, or burning it to a crisp.

Poison's father was the chief and his mother was the shaman. His particular tribe was far off from any humans and generally fed on animals. Nocnoz the Fallen had come with a gang of mercernaries and destroyed Poison's tribe, killing his parents and kin. Poison was left for dead with an axe in his side, but was still alive, and began training with the axe, awaiting the time to carry out his revenge. He eventually got the chance to kill off Nocnoz, with the help of another hero.

During the Divine War, Poison hid out in a cave, hacking down any hostiles that got too close to him. Once the war was over, he emerged from his cave and took control of a small tribe after challenging its former chief. His influence and tribe grew in the south of Hommos until it rivaled that of the Hoghead tribe, which boasted the most powerful warrior in Hommos. Once he was killed; Poison had heard he was done in by a Naturos native, he seized the Hogheads and became the undisputed Tribe King of Hommos's southern region.
---
Belongings/Inventory
Primary Weapon- The axe that was lodged into his side
Secondary Weapon- A Hoghead spear he kept as a trophy
Defensive Items (shields etc): He doesn't really need one
Ranged Weapons: He'll use a slingshot seldomly
Fighting Style: Poison has no need to worry about his own safety, so he jumps into battle like a berserker, throwing blows until his opponent is down or dead.
Strengths: His nigh invulnaribility and immense strength.
Weaknesses: Despite his imperviousness, he lacks fortitude, being made of soft, dead flesh. Also, fire, and large weapons.

Additional info: -Poison's name derives from the naming system used by his tribe. The parents of the child give it its first name, and the last name is determined by the name of the father and the name of the tribe. His tribe was the Skull tribe, and his father's name was Venom.
-If a Umpri picks a fresh corpse to reside in, the reproductive system may come back on, hence Poison's existence.
-Umpri gain strength and heal rapidly depending on how much blood they intake. Poison gets blood offerings from his tribe, so he's mostly lacking in battle scars, and he's the size of a mammoth.

Personal
Name: Sicsin Terraxon
Titles: Wielder of the Trident of Power, Mistakenly called the God of the Sea
Personality: Sicsin started his journey as a free spirit, having adventures through time paved in hedonism and sin. Now, he is older and wise. He looks at the world through analytical though nonjudgemental eyes.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human
Religion: Sicsin worships the Chief Deity, known only as the Lord
Voice: Rumbly and raspy
---
Appearance
Hair Color: Black
Hair Type: Clean and kempt but very long, down to his feet
Skin Tone: Pale white
Eye Color: Crystal blue, almost white
Body Build: The trident preserves youthfulness, so despite his many years, Sicsin remains young, appearing as if he were only a twenty something. His posture is perfect and his build is lean and muscular.
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Armor/Clothing: Sicsin wears a long, light red robe with deep blue intricate designs along the edges.
---
Life
History: Sicsin is also from before the Divine War. He was once a pathetic peasant, until he heard the story of the Trident of Power. It was a divine weapon forged by the gods, and once Sicsin aquired it on his adventure, he gained godlike powers. He changed shape into a young, handsome man, and gained the ablitly to traverse time and control the seas. After taking many trips through time and gaining all sorts of knowledge about the gods and the world they created, Sicsin eventually decided to have a little fun with his powers. He took advantage of people, relived moments over and over, taunted sailors, and so on. Somewhere along the line, Sicsin learned that through his travels, he had had a son that was born with some of the trident's powers. The two adventured together for a while, and Sicsin sobered up. After the Divine Cataclysm, Sicsin was seperated from his son through a time flux. He now lives by the sea, occasionally travelling back in time to watch events unfold, and will control the weather to grant sailors safe passage. Or not, depending on his mood.
---
Belongings/Inventory
Primary Weapon- Trident of Power
Secondary Weapon- None
Defensive Items (shields etc): None
Ranged Weapons: None
Fighting Style: Sicsin doesn't often fight, but when he does, it's one-sided.

Last edited by PhillipWilde on Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Okay, sure. That seems to be a lot of bios... or maybe just a lot of words.

I plan on giving Zimon a 'journal' to keep with him, to chronicle his thoughts and to let other players know my actions in the RP more clearer, instead of having to decipher what I really mean.

So far, this is my long-term plans:

I plan to either go to Shadow Ilse, or Diablos, haven't yet decided. I plan on leading an expeditionary force from Hommos to one of the islands. I assume however it will be a long and hard process to get the force. I plan on getting elves, humans, and dwarves - MAYBE some Reptilian, not to sure. From there, I will attempt to get them all to travel to a western coastal city on Hommos.

Once I do what's needed, I will travel to Hommos again myself and the expedition will begin. We will sail west, or northwest. Most likely to Shadow Isle, mainly because it has no consuming mists.

However, with tensions between the lands and races - it'll be hard to acquire a good force. No worry, hopefully I can make some friends along the way. Hopefully some of these friends will be RPer characters.
Back to top Go down
Mech Boy Of Doom

Mech Boy Of Doom

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:46 pm

@Phillip: Yes, The Shadow, whom led the Shades whenever I RP'd him, is a Trikin, but he and his Shades have fallin into disfavour with me, and, as a consequence, have also fallen into disuse. As for Boats I doubt Edward (do not call hin Ed or Eddy) would need one at all.

@Ghost: I doubt Edward will like that plan, let alone allow you too close to any infuential reptilians... I can see a lot of enemies in Edward's future.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Well Mech, we'll see. Nearly all my characters are noble and honorable, and would rather share than be greedy. Here, re-read the description of this:

Shadow Isle: A legendary island said to be in the northwestern part of the map. It is rumored that the spirits of the old gods reside there, and anyone brave anough to venture out and find it will be granted with unimaginable power.

So basically, Zimon is willing to allow all the races to come together in a small expedition to the Shadow Isle. I am sure you don't want your Reptilian allies to miss out on all the fun do you?

Oh well, do as you please. I will try to get who I can.

---

Just so we're straight guys, my plan will take time. For example, my first phase is to travel all of Naturos to recruit Elves.

And that alone will probably take awhile.
Back to top Go down
Mech Boy Of Doom

Mech Boy Of Doom

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:11 pm

@Ghost: He'll probably come along to stop ya... I think of a reson for him to do that if your plan comes to fruition.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:16 pm

@Mech: Okay. But that's for another day right? I don't plan on going to Drakkos until a bit later. Besides, like I said earlier, I doubt I'll even go.

The only times my character goes to sea is when he's traveling. So as long as I watch out and make sure Edward is not near, I should be safe.

However, he does seem to be capable of flight combat, mixed with lightning bolts. However, I have strategies to beat him easily - simply find his weak spots (and I already found out numerous ways).

Mech Boy of Doom, from this day on, let it be known that by the end of this RP their will be a major and epic battle between Zimon and Edward!
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Alright, I finally finished the bios. I don't think they flow very well, and they probably have a bunch of typos, so I'll most likely be rereading them and editing them a lot. Anyway, I just made them to fill in some spots. Tod is a plot-device, I'll use him later. Poison is just the leader of the tribes in the south of Hommos. Sicsin is actually a mythological figure, and I probably won't be using him too often unless I'm making a narrative post.

Chances are that you guys will be moving this RP along. I won't be posting much. I may post to mention that the season has changed, say what has happened to an RPer at a certain point, (i.e. travelling to Shadow Isle/Diablos, encountering and speaking to a god or king, etc.) and every so often to mention a turn of events in Terres or say what Tod/Poison/Sicsin are up to.

Since someone can't do anything before the RP starts, and world events can't happen right at the beginning, my intro post should probably mention what season it is, say something about the three characters and possibly something about each of the kingdoms at the moment.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:27 pm

HAHA! Sicsin and Poison Venomskull? I like it! I liked PVS a lot more when you had that username... I think you even had that avatar of the skeleton?

Anyway, I am glad there are other characters.

Gah! Every 10 minutes I leave this forum I come right back to check on any IC's!
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I've read my bios again and feel that they are as good as they can get. They still don't flow very well, but despite being a pain to read, I think you get the general idea of the characters.

I'm having a problem today. Usually when I come to the forum to make a post, My fingers glide across my keyboard, leaving behind a perfect lyrical representation of my thoughts. My meaning is clear, and the post flows. Today, my fingers betray me. My posts are coming out rigid and full of typos, and words are failing me. If this post looks any better, it's because I'm making a consciuos effort to not suck right now.

Ghost, if I'm feeling more flow-y later, I may post one, but don't hold your breath. :(
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Oh, I'm fine Phillip, just anticipated.

Don't post unless you know you're going to hit it good. Don't post if you're busy. See what I mean?

Just do it on your own time you know? I don't mean to rush you, so sorry if I did.

Quote :
His influence and tribe grew in the south of Hommos until it rivaled that of the Hoghead tribe, which boasted the most powerful warrior in Hommos. Once he was killed; Poison had heard he was done in by a Naturos native, he seized the Hogheads and became the undisputed Tribe King of Hommos's southern region.

I assume the 'powerful warrior' is indeed Shin Grotuk, the Man of Stone that Zimon slew?

And I assume the 'Naturos Native' who killed him was indeed Zimon the Dark Elf?

If so, thanks so much for incorporating that into the RP. I will edit my Character Legends post and bio to fit!

Last edited by Ghost on Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Oh no, don't worry Ghost. You haven't rushed me. I just seem to be having a problem today. I can't remember how to spell common words, and I usually can spell anything, I'm typoing where I wouldn't usually typo, and I'm just generally not flowing. My post just look wrong to me. It's not that I'm busy, it's just, weird.

If I post the IC today, it may be at nightfall. I'll lose sleep for school tomorrow, but I tend to think better at night. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Oh. Well I edited the post above the one you just posted. You might want to start at the quoted section and read down (that's the new part).

:)
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Indeed, The warrior is The Man of Stone, and the Naturos native is Zimon. Considering you've made yourself a legend and impacted the tribes so greatly, it only made sense to include it in Poison's bio, because he couldn't have become the tribe king unless that were to happen. We work with eachother to make history in this RP.

Likewise, I intend for Tod's speech in his/the intro post to give you and Edward Vamilac a mention. He reads a lot and has probably read of you two somewhere, and speaking of your deeds would be a good way to rally Earth's citizens.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Hmm... cool, I have never thought of incorporating character's bios into the history of the world. Interesting.

Well, I edited my bio. It now mentions the Hoghead Tribe, Poison Venomskull, and the events surrounding it.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I'll begin the IC now, as I feel a little better. If I feel I need to, I may edit it over the course of a few days. For now, feel free to post once it's up.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:47 pm

You crack me up, Ghost. XD

Anyway, there wasn't much to post of the current state of Terres, if anything, it was like a news update. I decided that at the moment, it was unnecessary to post anything about Sicsin or Poison, so I went ahead and wrote Tod's intro, as it was the most pertinent to add right now.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Great! I got the IC in another Tab at the top of the page! Will read it soon after.

In the meantime, I constructed a 'match-up' document that simulates a battle between Zimon and Edward Vamilac. It helps me think up some strategies, and how to beat him if I come across him.

Trust me, I got some good strategies to use against him if we ever meet. However, Edward has his own advantages, but the strategies are made to disable Edward.

In fact, I PMed Sheriff Duncan on the BForums asking him what he thought.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:52 pm

That sounds interesting. May I see it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   =RP= Terres Rebirth - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

=RP= Terres Rebirth
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next