The Role Playing Academy

A friendly place to roleplay

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

=RP= Terres Rebirth

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Sun May 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Sure, in a moment.

I read the IC. Pretty nice, also details how difficult the humans will be to take hold of.

I like it though, it provides good rivalry for my character. Maybe I will have to rethink my plans, maybe even have to ask Edward for help one day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Sun May 08, 2011 10:10 pm

I like it, that's pretty cool. I don't have an opinion on it, though, I just wanted to see it. :3

Were you posting today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Sun May 08, 2011 10:29 pm

I just did. It seems bland, just an intro post though.

Zimon is part of the Blackrock Tribe, a Dark Elven tribe in northern Naturos.

Zimon is more focused on diplomacy than combat. He'd rather negotiate than fight. However, he is willing to fight for a cause if need be.

---

Oh yeah and Phillip, be thinking of some type of challenge for Zimon when he requests tributions by tribes and whatnot. Such as... leading troops of one tribe to combat a rival tribe to gain the alliance of another. Or fighting a horrid beast that constantly harasses a tribe.

I plan on staying on Naturos for a while until I can get some help to go to Shadow Isle.

The Moon Gods are of Dark Elf religion. Whether they exist or not... is completely up to you Phillip.

Whether the tribes help me or not, is also up to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Sun May 08, 2011 10:45 pm

There is a set pantheon of Terres, however, the Moon Gods could be the Dark Elves's interpretation of the gods, kind of like the differences between the Roman and Greek gods.

Also, I figured that you'd control what you'd create, but I suppose it makes sense that I'd be playing figures with power and authority that influence our PCs.

I'll see what I can come up with Ghost. This ought to be fun. Remember though, stay on Naturos too long and you may encounter Earth's fleet. They should land on the western shore, because Earth is on the west of Hommos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Sun May 08, 2011 10:55 pm

True. I figured it'd take time before they arrived. If you notice, I positioned Zimon on the northwest part of Naturos, I will then work south, and no doubt help out if the Fleet arrives anytime soon.

It will indeed be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timhortans

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Postan'

Gunna try my hand at RPing again. Trying to figure out what my character's gunna be. I have an image in my head but I'm trying to make it make sense.

OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AVATAR JSDFHALSDJK

Fixed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mech Boy Of Doom

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

@Phillip: I've posted... I might PM you information about Nifalc and Tifalc. But I've given an insight into Edward's diet!

Also, expect that fleet of battleships to be slowly torn apart by the waters when Edward sees them. His Maelstrom has been used for that before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:02 pm

@Tim: Glad to hear it. I look forward to you bio.
@Mech: ...I'm not sure what to think of that. People don't talk and act like that around this time period, unless Edward is just- oh, wait, he is.

Nevermind.

Also, this is a fleet of ships decked out with an arsenal purposefully meant to destroy you. I understand that Edward is powerful, and I'm not telling you no, but please, don't godmod through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:08 pm

@Phillip: Yeah I have been trying to find out ways to accomplish large tasks by utilizing allies. I figured my character would die as soon as he stepped foot on another land, so that's why I have been planning on getting me a force together. Which I also plan on using to defend Naturos with. Question: Are the Elves of Naturos allied, or do they live individually, like the nations of Hommos do?

@Mech: Your character is rather strange. Haha, I like him though and will look forward to following him.

@All: I have been banned on the AE Forums, therefore I can no longer recruit folks. However me and Scakk are discussing my banishment via e-mail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mech Boy Of Doom

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Oh don't worry about any godmods Phillip... I'll make sure Edward gets his share of pain, or just hide him somewhere over land.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Cool, I will refrain from posting until someone else posts. I may wait until everyone gets an intro post first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Since the death of King Foros Grantrain which sparked the Divine War, Hommos has been politically divided. Naturos, however, is still presided over entirely by King Stehlik, 'One with Nature.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Where would King Stehlik be located?

I would assume he is the Elf I should speak to if I wanted to help protect Naturos in the future.

(I try to keep my character's knowledge of other world events (far-off) until later posts).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:31 pm

How about the center of the continent, in a big tree?

It makes sense for the continent to be connected by a big, arbory plant, and It's classic to have a city inside one of those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Sure, that's cool. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icelord Xillian

Location : Intergalactic Hitchhiker currently hidden in Sector 3

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 pm

:shock: This just exploded. And I see the IC is up, geez you guys didn't hold back, those posts are huge! Maybe I could get a post up tomorrow.

Well, maybe I could whip something up now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Most of it's just me conversing with Mech and Phillip.

Other than that, it's an IC intro, and my intro, and Mech's intro.

Let me wrap it up for you and everyone else:

Tod is elected leader of Earth.
Tod gives a speech on the 'dangers' of other-nation figures (such as Zimon and Edward).
Tod rallies Earth to 'hate' these nations, and claims to send fleets to attack them.

Zimon on the other hand ponders his plans and discusses his hatred for the Gods.
Zimon wishes to recruit allied elves to his cause.
Zimon will soon realize he must defend Naturos before heading for Shadow Isle.

Edward finds some food, but soon realizes his weapon is being stolen.
It turns out Edward is to smart for the dumb thieves, and he claims his weapon back.
Edward then persuades the thieves to leave and become 'warriors'.
*This may not be fully accurate, as Edward is not my character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sixth Edge

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Mon May 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Jeez guys, I'm still busy and you've started without me! Aw, I'll catch up on the rest of this later on this week. Math standardized testing this week >.>

Oh well, you know how it is, right? It's MATHEMATICAL! :roll:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mech Boy Of Doom

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Tue May 10, 2011 12:59 pm

@Ghost: Actually he convinced the theives to train so they could become badasses.

@Sixth: I've got four maths A level exams coming up... Along with a physics one. I'm really thankful for my triple free tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timhortans

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Tue May 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Personal
Name: Arcus (Undecided)
Alias: He's not known.
Race: Human
Voice: Bright, courageous and defiant.
General Appearance:
Skin - Olive Skin, granted a little paler than most.
Eyes - Crystal blue eyes, similar color to the sea.
Hair - His reddish brown hair falls halfway over his eyes. It falls naturally in short ruffles, messy yet not considered curly.
Body Type - Mesomorph

Inventory
Clothing/Armor:
He wears loose chainmail armor which ends half way down to his knees. Over top of that, a simple brownish beige tunic with a hood sown onto the back. Underneath that, he wears loose brown pants which are pinned to his legs by iron leg braces that reach up to his knees.
Weaponry:
Primary - An oak bow he fashioned himself, built for durability. In case he is forced to fight close combat, he has small knives on both points.
Secondary - A belt with multiple knives strapped on
Defensive - A simple shield made out of oak, reinforced with some generic metal support.
Other - A quiver of iron arrows he stole one day. Approx. 35 Arrows inside it. A bag slung around his shoulder with ropes, wire, spikes, and other parts for his snares.
Mount - A large elk his father domesticated one day while hunting.

Life and Character
Personality: Confident and calm. He keeps his composure even while fighting. When he begins to aim for a shot, he goes completely silent and shuts out the world around him. This leaves him open for attacks but he makes sure to prepare himself beforehand.
Fighting Style: Archery and snares are his means of fighting. He finds himself a proper spot to shoot from, and keeps an eye on his target while he sets snares and traps around him to make sure he can't be snuck up on.
Religion: He was never taught any religions as a child so he really has no religion to believe in.
Skills: His main skill is archery. He has a steady hand and a keen eye which gives him very high accuracy. His other prominent skill is snares. He can use rope and other objects to create traps. A simple tripwire doesn't take very long, while an elaborate legsnare takes more time.
History:

Hit a dry spot, can't think anymore. I'll finish it later. Anyways Sic, how is that? I was worried he was too high tech.

While writing this, I realized how pathetically I RPed Yumi and um. Y'know, the duo I played. It's been a while. I kinda miss that group. Definitely my favorite characters to play.

Guh, this site is SO slow.

Last edited by Timhortans on Wed May 11, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Tue May 10, 2011 7:48 pm

I remember them. It was Yuki and Ayumu. Yeah, we were all just starting out then, anyhow, the character looks good so far. I'm not sure what you mean by being too high-tech though. He seems fine to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Tue May 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Yeah Tim, I also find the character pretty well off. I do not understand 'high-tech'. He's a classic archer in my opinion.

Not sure if anyone actually does this, but most people sacrifice one trait for another. What I mean is that a character generally specializes in one category of combat than the other, or spaces all categories out and is 'weaker' in each.

----One of my non-sense things you do not have to read---

To help you understand:
Melee = Hand-to-Hand Melee combat with swords, spears, shields, axes, etc.
Magic = Anything magical (fireball, shadow arrow)
Ranged - Arrows, bullets, anything that is a projectile and not magic.

Zimon - My character has a STRONG melee capability. He has a powerful and diverse arsenal to use while in melee, and he is built for melee. Because of this, Zimon is very weak in terms of magic, or ranged warfare. I cut out ranged and magical abilities to make my character a more powerful melee character.
Melee = 100%
Magic = 0%
Ranged = 0%

Edward - Mech's character, Edward, is both magical and melee oriented. But as you can see, Edward's magic deals with the 'sea' and 'storms', maelstrom's and lightning. He also wields a trident as a weapon. Notice how Edward is not a super melee warrior like Zimon, but then again he knows magical abilities - that which Zimon does not have. Edward sacrifices perfection in the categories to be generally strong in two of them at once.
Melee = 40%
Magic = 60%
Ranged = 0%

'Unknown' - Your character Tim, he seems to be more fashioned on the 'ranged' side, however with some minor melee protection. He however does not have any magical powers. Your character sacrificed magical ability and cut down his melee ability to be stronger in ranged ability.
Melee = 15%
Magic = 0%
Ranged = 85%

So generally speaking, Zimon is the best warrior, Edward is the best caster, and 'Unknown' is the best archer.

Now is this true? Not necessarily, but I have noticed it time and time again (even in myself) that characters generally have this observation. Usually, the RPers don't even know they do it, other times they do it to decrease the affect of Godmodding capability. In fact, the usual Gommodder I notice is extremely powerful in terms of magic, melee, and ranged altogether - however this is not always the case, just my own observation.

----Nonsense end----
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Tue May 10, 2011 8:45 pm

What about Tod? :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timhortans

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 pm

High tech was the wrong word. I mean, one of the characters is wearing nothing but a loin cloth. I was worried that my character would be a couple decades into the future compared to everyone else. But I guess not.

Anyways working on the rest now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJByrum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   Tue May 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Oh I get it Tim.

@Phillip:

Well Tod is an HPC - Host Played Character (I made that up). So technically, he cannot be 'analyzed' (that's a bad word to use for it) like I did with RPPC (Role Player Played Characters).

He doesn't even have a weapon from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Terres Rebirth   

Back to top Go down

=RP= Terres Rebirth
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next