The Role Playing Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Role Playing Academy

A friendly place to roleplay

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

=RP= Battle of the Bands

Go down 
+2
Black knight 1234567
PhillipWilde
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

=RP= Battle of the Bands Empty
PostSubject: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Hoo boy, so many things to jot down right here, forgive me if I forget to add anything important here, it is alot to bear. Here we go:

Plot: It's modern times, (About 2021) in a fictitious, Earthlike world, and you are all aspiring musicians, music-lovers, record execs, or critics. You will either start a band, go to concerts, or give reviews of the band's music and performances. I haven't much to say about Fans and Critics, but I'll give them a mention in the end, for now, let me talk about our musicians.

Bands: A group of RPers making music together.

Managers: Each band will have a leader. The leader will decide upon executive decisions. What songs will get on what albums, when and where concerts will be played, etc. They may collaborate with their band, but ultimately, the decision is theirs. That doesn't mean the band members have to like it, though. They may quit the band and join a new one, or perhaps pursue a solo career (More on that in a minute.)

Help Wanted: Before you can form a band, one must have members. You place an ad for members OOC, and work out them joining IC. In your ad, you include band name, genres they play, and what you require. I'll have an example at the end for my own band.

Songs: Although I'm not sure how doable or how willing everyone to do this is, but I was hoping actual lyrics could be written for each "song." Not everyone has to write lyrics, there can be a designated lyricist for each band. I do not expect anyone to actually compose anything though, I'll settle on a genre for the song and, if desired, a brief description of how it goes (long, epic rocking, wah-wah, etc.)

Covers: In the beginning, I'll accept a lot of covers, just like with reals bands. As your band gets bigger and acquires more fans, you'll be expected to write your own material. You can still do professional covers later, but make it scarce.

Performances: Considering this is a text RP, I can't expect much out of "performances." We'll see how it works out. For now, I was thinking everyone could just get a little detailed about what they're doing on stage, and what's going on on the stage (pyrotechnics, lights, etc.)

Tours: Once bands get bigger, they'll get to play in bigger venues, bigger shows, and on tours. If two or more bands that play similar genres want to tour together to promote their band, that is allowed. Alternatively, bands on tour may tour with NPC versions of actual bands in the real world.

Venues: There'll be set venues established in the fictional world the RP takes place in. Your band starts with the low-end ones, and work their way up.

Real-Life Bands: All bands from the real world introduced into the RP will be NPCs. No matter how big the band is in the real world, they will be treated as one of the greatest in this world.

Getting Signed: Record execs sign bands onto their label. Set record labels for each genre will be included in the fictional world of the RP. Bands cannot produce albums or go on big tours without being signed to a record label.

Albums: Basically, a compilation of the band's written material sent out to the public. If we get any particularly creative members, they can design album art. Aside from that, just decide upon an album name, songs on it, and track order.

Competition: You cannot monopolize your own domain. Bands that are working in two different scenes and genres won't have any problems, but there will be bands playing in the same genre. Fans may like both or all the bands, but ultimately, each must strive to be bigger and better than the other.

Solo Artist: One who intends to pursue a music career on their own. Your band can be made up of NPCs that you may or may not name. Your career, your rules. You have to write lyrics and perform on your own, though. Most of the rules that apply for the bands also apply to solo artist.

Fans: Your jobs are simple, attend concerts for bands. You can include a music preference in your bio, and eventually get favorite bands. Tell your friends, whom for the most part should be NPCs, unless we have a lot of fans, about the bands and what you think of them. Fans will be the lifeblood of every act, determining their fanbase, and their success.

Critics: Your jobs may or may not be the most fun, depending on your mindset and how this RP goes down. It's your job to listen to a band's albums and attend their concerts, and write down reviews. These will influence people and make them want to, or not to, go to the concerts and purchase albums by certain bands.

Record Execs: Your jobs are to sign bands onto the label that you work for. Record execs make ore break a band, and their decisions are determined by:
-The genre of the record company they work for
-The fan and critical reactions to a band
- The band's performance and music
-Personal opinion

So, are you lot ready to dive into the world of sex, drugs, and Rock n' Roll?

Now, bios. I'm not going to include a bit for personality. To incorporate a bit of realism, and add a dash of immersion, I want your characters to act like you would in the given situation. Without further ado, my bio:

Name: Phillip Stehlik
Type: Musician
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 144 lbs.
Build: Lanky, lacking much muscle or body fat
Hair color: Natural brunnette, straight hair, died black with golden highlights and tips and permed
Eye color: Brown
Skin color: Pale white
Specification(s): Manager, Bass guitar, Lead Vocals, Lyricist

Stage Persona (optional):
Stage Name: Phillip Wilde
Appearance: Golden eye contacts and KISS-esque face-paint. Whiteface with black streaks through his eyes and Alice Cooper-esque black ovals around them with golden paint on the eyelids. Golden lips lined black with black fangs starting at the corners of the mouth turning in to the tip of the chin. 7-inch platform heels. Black leather, studded trench coat and golden silk shirt underneath. Black leather pants full of zippers and chains. Race-car driver gloves. Tophat with name signed on brim in white, with a picture of his bass on the side, and a golden rose blossoming on the top.

Want Ads:

ZENITH
Run by: Phillip Stehlik/Phillip Wilde (PhillipWilde)
HELP WANTED
Genre(s): Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Glam Rock, Hair Metal
Required: Rhythm Guitarist Optional: Lead/Backup Vocals, Lyricist
Required: Keyboard Player Optional: Lead/Backup Vocals, Lyricist

EVAPORATED WRAITH
Run by: Brianna Secor/Desolation B (Comrade Disintergator)
HELP WANTED
Genre(s): Industrial Metal, EBM, Techno, Industrial
Required: Bassist
Required: Rhythm Guitar
Required: Vocalist
Required: Lead guitar
Required: Keyboard player (needs to be good with a synthesizer)

Last edited by PhillipWilde on Sat May 07, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black knight 1234567

Black knight 1234567

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:27 pm

B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T
Epic idea....will try too put up a bio soon.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Disintergator

Comrade Disintergator

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:14 pm

I'll get up a bio by later today, or tonight. You guys are going to notice that I do not sleep much (the avatar is Question Sleep) and I will be on in the early hours of the morning. I am a little bit rusty on group RP (I have been doing 1x1 for a little while) so bear with me.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Just a heads up: I intend for this to get even more complex than it already is. Later, once this gets started, I'm going to incorporate Band Stats, Fanbases, Titles for which bands are dominating which Scenes, set fictional Venues in fictional areas, and so on.

Also, forgot to mention covers. Covers of other songs by actual bands are doable, so long as we don't overdo it.

This takes place in a modern day planet Earth setting, but on a totally fictitious world. The only ties to the real world will be other bands in the real world in the RP. Kind of like Guitar Hero.

One more thing: Check back on the intro post of the OOC frequently. I'm still adding things and chances are I'm going to keep adding things through the duration of the RP.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Edge

Sixth Edge

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:39 pm

I like the concept of having a band and performing and whatnot, but how does this work? Does each band try to get the most fans or best reviews, while the fans and critics supply them with such? Do the bands ever meet? Do the bands ever "duel"? (guitar duel, battle of the bands, etc) And if they duel, do they do it Scott Pilgrim style? (If you've read the comics or seen the movie, you'll understand)
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:39 pm

All very good questions, Edge. Let me try to clear up the haze of your confusion. I did say that they 'compete' but I didn't mean it to be very literal. Each band wants to have the most fans and best reviews, but they really just want fame and fortune. There are undertones of competition, but all the bands can be friends. Bands in the same genre try to be the best in their genre, so they may become rivals. The bands can meet depending upon how far apart they are and where their musical journies take them. They don't have to ever meet, though if they play their cards right, they may hear of eachother. I don't really know about dueling. I've seen the Scott Pilgrim movie, and I'm sorry to inform you that as awesome as Scott Pilgrim duels would be, I'm aiming for a little more realism. However actual battle of the bands work, that's what they can do in this RP. The RP is a little more sandbox than it is faction wars.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Edge

Sixth Edge

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:31 pm

I see, I see. Well, I guess I'll have a bio up by (hopefully) next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Disintergator

Comrade Disintergator

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:20 am

I'll work on this more tomorrow after school, but this should give you an idea...

Name: Brianna Secor
Type: Musician (drummer)
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Build: Lean and very toned
Hair color: Her hair is naturally brown and wavy, but she dyed it white, and straightens it.
Eye color: Hazel, but she wears full white contacts
Skin color: A light tan
Specification(s): Manager, Lyricist, Dummer

Stage Name: Desolation B
Appearance: Brianna usually preforms in jeans, boots, and a tee shirt. Nothing too fancy. She needs to be able to move around well, because she is a drummer.

Evaporated Wraith
HELP WANTED
Genre(s): Industrial Metal, EBM, Techno, Industrial
Required: Bassist
Required: Rhythm Guitar
Required: Vocalist
Required: Lead guitar
Required: Keyboard player (needs to be good with a synthesizer)
Back to top Go down
AcTerraxon

AcTerraxon

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:45 am

I have arisen'd. And I want to make a bio for this. :3

Name: Joshua Stevenson
Type: Musician
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 136 lbs.
Build: Thin, with a moderate muscle mass.
Hair color: Black with flame-tips.
Eye color: Forest Green
Skin color: Naturally tan
Specification(s): Lead Guitar

Stage Name: Terraxon
Appearance: Wears a black, skin-tight leather hood of nonburning material, and covers it in slow-burning fuel, before lighting it on fire. Red-eyed goggles cover his eyes, with images of skulls on them. He wears a black facemask which covers his face. He wears a black leather coat that goes down to his ankles, as well as similar pants. He wears a sleeveless leather jacket under the coat, and keeps the coat in blace with a black belt. He wears a harness, on the back of which are two black steel wings. They open and close at random intervals, and when open, fire spouts from the ends. Reports say it's only hurt six people! He wears black leather boots, and fingerless black silk gloves.
Would Like to Join: Zenith
He's kind of a pyromaniac...

Last edited by AcTerraxon on Mon May 02, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding content)
Back to top Go down
Black knight 1234567

Black knight 1234567

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Name: David Sec Andrew
Type: Musician (Vocalist)
Height: 6'5
Weight: 147 lb
Build: He isnt fat nor skinny, he is a average builded male, he has some strong arm muscles tho.
Hair color: Bold
Skin color: Normal white skin.
Specification(s): Vocalist/Lyric writer for heavy metal aswell as drummer, he wants too join Zenith.

Stage Name: Sphelix
Appearance: Sharp looking green eyes, a normal, circular non painted face, he has small traces of a beard, he wears a sleevless, black vest with no drawing or art on it. On his right hand there is a big tattoo of a snake, on the left a dragon embraced with fire. Sometimes he wears a leather, spiked on the shoulders, black jacket.
His boots are black, they are rather a bit long. He wears normal black pants. He wears a black-brownish belt. He aswell wears a little neckless with a grim reaper picture built into it.

Okies, fixed the spelling mistakes (or what I can find) added a bit more detail, for reviewing it iz readyz :3
EDIT: Thnks :D yeah, I am not the perfect writer and since I use Explorer, no spellchecker (DUN DUN DUN DUN!) so the fact that you let it passed is reallly nice of you 🐰 and oh, fixed the band part

Last edited by Black knight 1234567 on Sat May 07, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm loving the bios, you guys really have the right idea. :3 Accepted.

I'll put your want ad on the OOC post, Dani. AC, you said that you were a musician, but did not post a want ad or mention who's band you would like to join. Not to diss Dani, but I think you'd be perfect for my band. Your character fits the overall darker glam theme that I'm going for, not to mention all the fire. Hoo, boy, do I love playing with fire! I was gonna have my gloves rigged with flamethrowers so it looks like I'm shooting fireballs, and I had all kinds of fantastic ideas for pyrotechnics in stage shows.

Oh, hey BK. You posted when I did. :P I like your bio, too, but you'll have to post a want ad or tell me who's band you want to join. Also, a few grammatical/spelling errors. I understand that English is not your first language, so if you'd like, I can help you correct some of that. Anyhow, you are accepted.
Back to top Go down
AcTerraxon

AcTerraxon

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Edited post to tell about band-ness.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Alright, I'll remove the lead guitar part on the band's want ad. I won't post band stats until the full band is formed.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Interesting concept and take, very interesting.

I however, have other things going on, and wish to create my OWN RP. Wish I could, but I am good for now.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:29 pm

It's alright Ghost, I understand. However, even though we are making bios now, we shouldn't starting this up until some time later, when we have more members. If you wanted to play in this RP sometime in the future, you could probably still make a bio.

No problem, Black Knight, the spelling errors don't bother me anyhow. Anyway, Zenith's want ad does not say they need a vocalist. Your options are to either have your character play an instrument, (not lead guitar or bass. I'm the bassist, and AcTerraxon wanted to join as lead. We need a Rhythm guitarist, Drummer, and Keyboard Player) join Evaporated Wraith, (Comrade needs a vocalist, she's the drummer.) go solo, or make your own band.
Back to top Go down
Black knight 1234567

Black knight 1234567

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:53 pm

I could have sworn I read vocalist/lyricist....probably got mixed up between 2 ads.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Ah, I see your confusion. Yes, it does say vocalist and lyricist, but those are optional qualifications next to the required qualifications, the instruments. As in, we need a drummer, and he can sing and write lyrics, but if he doesn't, that's okay, too.
Back to top Go down
Black knight 1234567

Black knight 1234567

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Fixed, made him a drummer, consideirng I like to play drums IRL. :D
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Alrighty, I'll take drummer off my want ad.
Back to top Go down
Black knight 1234567

Black knight 1234567

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Cant wait for the IC post...can we send death threats too critics? XDDDD
''Give me a metatric rating of 90%+ or i freaking kill you!''
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Tell you guys what, since there are so many spots that would need to be filled, if we have a unanimous decision from all the current members to start this RP now, we'll do that with a bunch of NPC characters.
Back to top Go down
Black knight 1234567

Black knight 1234567

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:31 pm

I say: go for it.
Back to top Go down
AcTerraxon

AcTerraxon

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Yes.

And also.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:04 pm

I think it'd work out better if each RPer had their own band. Cause I do not think there are enough RPers here to make several bands.

Knowhatimean?
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:18 pm

I figured this'd help immursion, it's for a lot of people. No one's posted here for a while, if people want to change it to that, we'll see where it goes. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: =RP= Battle of the Bands   =RP= Battle of the Bands Empty

Back to top Go down

=RP= Battle of the Bands
Page 1 of 1