The Role Playing Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Role Playing Academy

A friendly place to roleplay

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soo....how are we going to start this?

Go down 
+2
PhillipWilde
Comrade Disintergator
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Comrade Disintergator

Comrade Disintergator

Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Don't worry, Edge. When we get more people, it'll be better. Battleon was just too fucking strict. You can't even say your age without gettin your post deleted.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Hai. Sorry, I was out. I'm back now, now that no one is on. '^_^ Anyhow, I don't have much to add other than the reason I was absent. Everything looks good so far, I'll let you guys know if I think of anything.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Disintergator

Comrade Disintergator

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:03 am

IDEA: How about we further split up the RP board my genre?

Real Life Modern Role Play

Historical Role Play

Fantasy Role play ect. ect.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Edge

Sixth Edge

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:31 am

I second that idea. I'd add some suggestions, but I gotta sleep. I'll try to get them on tomorrow.

As for our first RP, the word apocalypse sort of burned some sort of thought into my head. Zombies. Its a bit complicated, but I'll share my explanations in the 'real' morning when I get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Comrade Disintergator

Comrade Disintergator

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:24 am

Sounds like a plan edge.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:52 am

Tell me how you guys like the new setup.

I split them up into three different parts basically:

--Long Time Ago
--Now
--In the Future

Then I put magic in some of them to make more, and renamed them:

-Historic - Anything that isn't over modern and isn't modern.
-Fantasy - Historic RP, but with fantasy elements in it.
-Modern - I consider 1850's - 2011 'modern' times to me.
-Sci-Fi - Modern RP, with sci-fi in it. Or in the far future
-Other - In case someones doesn't fit in the others.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Edge

Sixth Edge

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:42 am

The setup seems fine, but if I could make a suggestion...

Do you see how they seem to be arranged by timeline? I think it would be better if they were split up according to genre, then everything in the same genre placed in chronological order. *cough* Did that make sense? If not, here's what I mean. The order I'll be putting them in is realistic fiction, sci-fi, then fantasy.

-Historic (Anything before 1900's in realistic fiction)
-Modern (1900's up to now)
-Sci-fi (future)
-Medieval (anything old with magical stuff)

Now there's something else I see that I'm not sure how to fix in an "organized" matter. While there's chronological order and stuff, not every part of history is the same. There's the Iroquois Indians killing each other as acts of revenge. There's the American Revolution. There's the industrial era. There's WWI. There's the Great Depression. There's all sorts of topics ranging from people's changing daily lives, to technological succession, to mindless killing and war. I don't see how such things can be placed in the same category. If anyone could make a suggestion, please do because I'm all out.

Now, back to what RP we'll start out with. On my idea with the zombies, there's multiple ways to approach it. There's L4D/Resident Evil style, where people are infected through virus. There's Doom style, where people are possessed. Heck, there's even Half-Life zombies where an alien attaches itself to a host and controls their body. Then there's the classic "living dead" zombie. Personally, I prefer the first one. It's most realistic, and we could possibly play as survivors wherever you guys want. I understand if you don't like this idea. Its just a suggestion. :|
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:25 am

Truthfully, I've never played a Zombie Game before - and the only movie I have seen is ZombieLand.

So I don't know to much about them.

I redid the Guild, it has a newer atmosphere to it.

I did arrange the genres in order Edge, in a way/ However I like the way you put it. BUT, I think the ones we got now is fine enough, I don't want TOO many sections, I want as few as possible, while still arranging them nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Edge

Sixth Edge

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:34 am

I understand. I have no idea what the Guild is though. I was gone during the time that you and Dani were running it. I guess I'll go read what's happened and what it is so far.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:21 pm

I have locked The Guild though, because I am currently not in the mood of running it right now.\

I just put it up for my memory's sake.
Back to top Go down
Icelord Xillian

Icelord Xillian

Location : Intergalactic Hitchhiker currently hidden in Sector 3

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:50 pm

I've got a suggestion, shouldn't there be an OOC for each IC category. Like each main category (Historic, Fantasy ect.) has an IC and an OOC in it.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I actually thought about that Xillian, however I figured it would make the forums very spread out and I decided it would be fine the way it was.

I don't want TO many places.
Back to top Go down
PhillipWilde

PhillipWilde

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Sorry, Ghost, I sent you a PM concerning the Guild's lockage before reading this. For some reason, it didn't alert me of new messages here. :P

Did you intend to unlock it some time in the future? If not, I may be forced to commit ritualistic seppuku. O.O
Back to top Go down
Comrade Disintergator

Comrade Disintergator

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Having too many places wouldn't be very good. I like the way things are set up now. :D
I think, while we are just starting up, maybe having 3 or 4 RPs going would be good, and at this point, I think we could sort of all lead them, like we did with Guilds, after Ghost got banned. Again.
Back to top Go down
Black knight 1234567

Black knight 1234567

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Too crowded can get really annoying, I prefer this way, maybe a good way is too tag every RP with historical, fantasy, sci-fi, etc?
Back to top Go down
Icelord Xillian

Icelord Xillian

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm currently developing a fantasy RP. I've been working on it for quite a while now, just a few minutes a day. I'm thinking about posting it up here now, instead of the AEF. It'll take good quality posts, and serious RPers. Its not a really serious RP but I don't want the noobs that just don't get it screwing around in there. If I put it up here it'll be safe from those kinda people. Once I'm done developing it, I'll put it in here first to see how well it works.
Back to top Go down
Sixth Edge

Sixth Edge

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:00 pm

As am I, Vanir. 'Only thing is, I'm still developing it. It's sort of an improved version of the RP I have sitting in the AE forums. Only with the loss of restraints, it will be perfected for a much more suitable effect. If you haven't seen it on the AE forums, the original is called Lost Legends: The Rebirth of Ragnarok (Can't make the accented 'o' on this computer)
Back to top Go down
Icelord Xillian

Icelord Xillian

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Yeah, I looked into that. Seems like a good concept and plot. The prophecy part is similar to mine, except in mine, its history repeating itself. Its Sci-fi and fantasy, but mostly fantasy. Its inspired by the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, and a few of Hayao Miyazaki's films. Originally my idea was from Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke, but then I incorporated some elements from Avatar. I'll give you a basic run down.

An archeologist and his team find a huge castle buried underground. Under further inspection they find all sorts of things, robots and machine guns, strange flying machines, laser guns and huge turrets on the castle. The archeologist pushes a few buttons and the castle bursts out of the ground and flies into the air. Driven by greed and power, he unleashes his newfound technology and takes control of the world. He later sets his eyes upon unexplored land in the far north, where our story takes place.

This land is inhabited by seven tribes of people, each devoted to an element. Seven heroes are away for some reason, when the empire attacks. The robot army crushes the people and they capture them as slaves. The heroes return home to see a pillaged village with everyone gone. and the story goes from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soo....how are we going to start this?   Soo....how are we going to start this? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soo....how are we going to start this?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Role Playing Academy :: Archives (Before 9/2/2013) :: Archives-
Jump to: