The Role Playing Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Role Playing Academy

A friendly place to roleplay

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

=RP= The New Generation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Icelord Xillian

Icelord Xillian

Location : Intergalactic Hitchhiker currently hidden in Sector 3

Character Bios
Name:

=RP= The New Generation Empty
PostSubject: =RP= The New Generation   =RP= The New Generation EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Hello, with the new X-men movie in theaters, and my newfound obsession with the series has lead to this. It will be very similar to the X-men, but with my own flair to it. I hope you will enjoy it as much as my imagination has already.

If you are already familiar with the X-men, then cheers to you. For those who aren't, here's all the mutant info you need.

Mutants

Most people discover they are mutants during childhood, mainly sometime between ages 7-12. Rarely are humans born with an active mutant trait. Even rarer is a mutant developing during adulthood. Mutants are normal people who are x-factor positive, causing changes from the Homo sapien norms. The result of being x-factor positive, is extremely unpredictable.

The x-factor may cause a person to obtain superhero-like powers, such as: flying, heat vision, phasing through walls, control of weather, a supreme healing factor, ect. ect. It may also cause a person to completely change their whole anatomy, transforming them into animal-like humanoids. For example: a humanoid dog, a humanoid cat, a person covered in blue fur, insect people, ect. ect. These separate the mutants into two subgroups. All mutants live longer then normal humans.

Homo-superior

These are the mutants that have any kind of mutation that does not change their physical appearance. This also includes the mutants that can change their appearance, but look human when not changed. Such as shape-shifters, or changing your entire body into metal. The Homo-superior subgroup had been the largest mutant group, but now the Animal Evolutionaries outnumber them 3 to 1.

Animal evolutionaries

This subgroup contains any mutant that has mutated in a way that changes his physical shape to that other then human. It is not like shapeshifting in which you can change your shape from human to animal, but that you are a humanoid animal. This group not only contains extreme changes like, lizard people, but also smaller difference like sprouting wings from your back. If you had the ability to change when your wings appear you would be in the Homo-superior subgroup, but if you cannot choose whether or not you have wings, you are an Animal Evoltionary. It is impossible to be in both subgroups. For example, if you have the ability to teleport, but you have a tail, you are still an Animal Evolutionary.

Setting/Plot

Remember this is not the X-men nor will it ever be, it is similar in many ways because, The X-men is perfect and I cannot make it any better.

This RP takes place in modern day. The year doesn't mater, just think of it as 2011. This is on Earth, but in, a different universe. So our new news stories aren't theirs. (However, old news stories will be) Obama won't be president of the US. Past things did take place, and on going things are/have taken place. Such as, constant war in Israel, Bin Laden being killed, World War I and II ect. ect. Basically this same world, but different political people, and limited advanced technology. Past events and current events will be changed with mutant activity. (If you've seen The Watchmen, we win Vietnam, because of the Watchmen.) So changes in history and present day events will eventually make our RP Earth, completely different from the real Earth.

Most of the RP will take place in the United States, but the whole world is open territory.

History

Mutations started to occur during late World War II. Beginning mutations where nothing big, all Homo-superior, no one had identified it as anything until during the Cold War. Mutants immediately went into hiding. They did their best to keep their powers a secret, but ultimately failing. The Government does nothing as usual, but many conferences and debates have been held on Mutant rights and all that crap I don't want to get into. To protect mutant children, and teach them how to control their powers, Professor Wylym has set up a school where mutants can learn to control their powers. Among the Chaos several mutant factions have risen, causing more destruction.

Humans are extremely prejudice against mutants. Think of it as the discrimination against African Americans in the US. That is perhaps the best way to explain it. This prejudice also includes parents and children, many times separating families.

Mutant Groups and Factions

Over the years of mutant discrimination, many groups and underground factions have appeared. I will begin a list here, but more will rise as this moves along. After the name of the faction is a brief description, under that will be a history record of their work.

Mutant Rights Alliance
They fight against mutant discrimination and will be very important to the RP.
Nothing significant to note at this time.

The Mutant League
Possibly the largest underground faction. Most details are unknown. Some connection to the MRA.
Nothing significant to note at this time.

Mutant Alias
A mutant alias is your mutant name. Many mutants preach about abandoning your human heritage, and embracing your mutant skills, this has gone far enough that many mutants don't use or respond to anything other then the mutant name they have created. The name usually sums up the powers of the mutant into one word. Examples Click!

The Players

All Role-players must be mutants. I would prefer that to start everyone would be a teen in Wylyn's school, later I will open up other positions.

Bios:
Code:
[b]Real Name:[/b] A 21st century name please, nothing Elven.
[b]Mutant Alias:[/b] You will need a creative mutant name, it must have something to do with your mutation.
[b]Identity:[/b] Not important in the beginning of the RP. Either publicly known, known by certain government officials, or secret.
[b]Age:[/b] You character's age.
[b]Citizenship:[/b] The country your character has citizenship in, and any criminal record.
[b]Marital Status:[/b] I am starting everyone as a teen, you should be single.
[b]Known Relatives:[/b] Anyone, living or deceased, that is related to your character.
[b]Group Affiliation:[/b] Not important starting off. Neutral for now.

[b]Weight:[/b] Keep it realistic for age and look
[b]Height:[/b] Same as weight.
[b]Eyes:[/b] Basic color needed, but more detail (shape, tint, etc.) is nice.
[b]Hair:[/b] Basic color needed, but more detail (texture, feel, highlights, etc.) is nice.

[b]Distinguising Features:[/b] Anything that is not normal for humans. Detail!
[b]Superhuman Powers:[/b] This is any power like, control over fire, lazer vision, ect. Detail!
[b]Special Skills:[/b] Non-fantastic abilities your character uses.

[b]Personality:[/b] A few sentences that show what your character is like. Make sure these make sense when history is added.
[b]History:[/b] Your character's life story. Make sure that the events here can plausibly
cause the character's personality to be what it is.

Updated, but not finished.

Last edited by Icelord Xillian on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
That Crazy Bum

That Crazy Bum

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Placeholder   =RP= The New Generation EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Meh, consider this my placeholder for when this thing is complete. I'd love to be a part of this RP!
Back to top Go down
Icelord Xillian

Icelord Xillian

Location : Intergalactic Hitchhiker currently hidden in Sector 3

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= The New Generation   =RP= The New Generation EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:47 pm

This is going on hold, I'll give it too Ghost to store in the Archives for later use. I was looking forward to this, but the thought of running an RP right now scares me.
Back to top Go down
That Crazy Bum

That Crazy Bum

Character Bios
Name:

PostSubject: Re: =RP= The New Generation   =RP= The New Generation EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 am

Dang it. Was hoping to do something with this. Oh well. But if this returns, I'll be there...

-Schiz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: =RP= The New Generation   =RP= The New Generation Empty

Back to top Go down

=RP= The New Generation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Role Playing Academy :: Archives (Before 9/2/2013) :: Archives-
Jump to: