The Role Playing Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Role Playing Academy

A friendly place to roleplay

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

=RP= Retribution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

=RP= Retribution Empty
PostSubject: =RP= Retribution   =RP= Retribution EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:18 pm

"All men are born free, and all men die free. But not all men live free."

This RP will begin in a quaint little village, where all of our characters reside. We were born here, raised here. Our families and friends were born and raised here, as was our ancestors. Yes, our characters most surely know one another, as it is a small community, and yes there has been times in the past when we may have picked up arms and armor to protect our people from our foes.

Unfortunately we are just a small grain of sand on a beach of countless others. Where we value home and heart, others would value land and slaves. We may play, love, and admire one another, but others do not care for the common folk. Others would rather lead us to ruin, kill our men, enslave our children, and rape our women. To others, we are nothing but dirt under the boot heel of their ambitions.

But they lack one thing: Heart. We will persevere. We will stand united. We will claim Retribution.

Characters
Our characters are required to have been born in the village and have lived there for some time. If you left and returned, then that is fine. If your ancestors hail from a different region, then that is fine as well. Also, our characters know each other by name and face, and most probably call each other friends, perhaps we are even related (collaborate on your bios please!). Our people know the art of combat, and some of us probably know magical abilities. We also serve as a notable trading village, so we have many wares, some probably foreign.

Our village is composed of homes and buildings made of stone, wooden frames and wooden roofs with shingles. We have cobblestone paths, a low stone wall surrounding us, and grassy fields and fertile farms surrounding our village. Inns, brothels, tailors, food stalls, lumber mills, and more are in our village. We have a population of about four hundred.

Village is attacked. Everyone dies except us. Freemen must track down the Captives and free them. Freemen and Captives are randomly chosen by myself. Afterwards we obtain a list of the people who attacked our village and go on a quest to end their lives.
Back to top Go down
TJByrum
Admin
TJByrum

=RP= Retribution Empty
PostSubject: Re: =RP= Retribution   =RP= Retribution EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Glaber: "Marcus, have you made up your mind?"

Marcus: "My mind was made up when you decided to attack them. I will not risk my men against such pointless actions."

Glaber: "I'm doing the only possible option. They denied taxation, they denied giving up land, they denied being slaves - they denied everything! Only one option is left to me: force."

Marcus: "You would kill everyone in the village... for what? What reason puts a man at such a decision?"

Glaber: "Because the council rules it. If not for them we would be lowly thugs fighting over remains of vulture food. We fight for them, and they reward us. Our goal is clear: claim land, gold, and slaves and be forever rewarded! And yet you dismiss this opportunity. You've killed men in the past, even burnt down homes and yet you find remorse in this? For what reason?"

Marcus: "Those were our enemies. They attacked and pillaged us and we simply returned the favor. Nothing more. Which reminds me that we were once lowly villagers in a place where we feared others destroying our little village. Do you not remember?"

Glaber: "... a distant memory set aside for the future. Do not let the past-"

Marcus: "That's all we are is the past. The Denir killed us, pillaged our homes, raped our women... and now we're no different from them. You would throw away all values - all morals, for a few gold coins and a title that means you can command others to do the same. My troops are mine to command - not yours or anybody else. We leave in the morning."

Glaber: "I highly doubt you'd want your cousin Marcellus to know of such response."

Marcus: "What does this have to do with Marcellus? He's leagues away in the north."

Glaber: "Yet he holds rivaling opportunity. The first time he's able to denounce you and claim your well-deserved spot..."

Marcus: "A spot that I'd rather see fall from grasp than see innocent people fall to ruin."

Glaber: "He'd be Counselor, a rank with the power to dissolve marriages unconditionally.... your marriage."

Marcus: "You'd blackmail me with my wife to see a village burned?"

Glaber: "No... I'd see myself rise to glory, with a trusted companion by my side. If that certain companion denies such position... he denies myself position..."
Back to top Go down

=RP= Retribution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Role Playing Academy :: Archives (Before 9/2/2013) :: Archives :: TJByrum's Ideas-
Jump to: